About Larkmead Vets
Larkmead Vets is a fiercely independent, Small Animal veterinary practice, with a dedicated team who go the extra mile whenever possible. We have been providing veterinary care and advice to pet owners as well as the local farming and equine community since the 1960s. You can rest assured that as an independent practice, we always put the needs of our patients first and provide the highest standards of care.
You and your pets will receive a very warm welcome from the friendly and caring staff at our five branches across South Oxfordshire.
- Our main surgeries at Cholsey and Didcot have extensive modern hospitalisation facilities, and are well equipped to deal with a wide range of animal healthcare needs. We provide our own 24/7 emergency vet services from Didcot.
- Our branch surgeries in Great Western Park, Benson, and Sutton Courtenay aim to provide convenient consultations locally, with surgical and hospitalisation facilities within easy reach at the main surgeries.
Meet our team
Why choose us
Here are some more reasons we why think you and your pets will love Larkmead Vets:
- As an independent practice we are able to put the health & wellbeing of our patients first and make decisions in their best interests.
- Our caring & compassionate team are here to support you and your pet through every milestone; we’re pet owners too so we understand just how special they are.
- You and your pets will benefit from continuity of care as we try to ensure you can see the same vet each time you visit.
- Your pet’s health is our priority that’s why we offer our Lifetime Care Club.
- If you have a pet health emergency, we are here for you day and night as we run our own 24-hour emergency vet service.
- Didcot and Cholsey are ISFM accredited Cat Friendly Clinics, recognised for our high level of cat care – learn more.
- Your pet will be treated in our modern facilities where we have swift diagnosis aids and hospitalisation provisions.
- We offer a same-price Sunday surgery for your convenience, where our consultations and treatments cost the same as every other day.
What our clients say about us
Many of our clients have been with us for decades and we’ve cared for their pets through every stage of life. Read what some of them have to say about us in our client testimonials.
Larkmead Vets is a member of XLVets – bringing independent veterinary practices together to share experience, knowledge and skills in order to deliver the highest standard of veterinary care.
Larkmead Vets is also a Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons accredited small animal practice. This ensures that we remain at the forefront of small animal veterinary medicine and the accreditation is a reflection of the outstanding service that we provide.
We are also a mixed veterinary practice, offering services for horses, farm animals, and pigs.