Larkmead Vets is committed to working with you to improve your profitability through animal health and welfare. To achieve this, our team of experienced cattle vets will provide you with tailor-made, up-to-date, affordable health services to suit your business needs.
Our services include:
Herd Health Planning
- We offer a dynamic herd health planning service with annual reviews and regular interim sessions to monitor your herd's progress.
- We can provide this in many formats to support your business needs and milk contract requirements. We currently service a variety of different types of requirements including: BCVA plans and herd health planning to support Waitrose, M&S and Sainsbury's contracts.
- Larkmead Vets' dedicated farm vets can offer routine fertility visits using portable ultrasound scanners.
- We offer an holistic approach to fertility performance, including a regular data reporting service and whole herd trouble shooting visits.
- Semen evaluation using an electroejaculator and bull breeding soundness examination.
Udder Health (Mastitis and Somatic Cell Counts)
- We are experienced users of the DairyCo Mastitis Control Plan which allows an objective assessment of mastitis and cell count issues.
- Regular udder health monitoring, using data analysis through TotalVet, Interherd, Interherd Plus and NMR herd companion and Bacteriology.
- Milking routine assessment service and trouble shooting in the parlour
- Udder singer available for hire upon request.
- Our vets are trained in the 5-step Dutch Foot Trimming method.
- We offer an on farm mobility scoring service.
- We are mobility mentors for the DairyCo Healthy Feet Programme.
- Competitively priced medicines and veterinary services that are monitored regularly.
- In-house laboratory for blood and dung sample testing.
- Monthly newsletters.
- Dairy discussion group, which meets monthly to discuss current topics on farm.