About the team
Julia James MA VetMB MRCVS
- Farm animal vet with 16 years’ experience in all farm species covering emergency medicine and surgery as well as preventative health planning
- Farm Animal Partner at Larkmead Vets since 2001
- Centre vet for UK’s largest AI breeding company in charge of three studs and their isolation facilities
- Part of Larkmead Vets pig team advising on preventative health and management for over 30,000 breeding sows and their associated weaners, growers and finishers across the south of England
- Part of the team chosen to deliver the Pig Health Improvement Programme in conjunction with BPEX
- Delivered numerous training events for farm owners and stockmen on a variety of veterinary health and livestock management topics
- Regularly involved in on farm disease recognition through post mortems, pig herd inspections, sampling etc., as well as advising clients and their staff about appropriate treatments or changes to management required.
Liz Bennett BVM&S MRCVS
- Graduated from Royal Dick School of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Edinburgh in 1997 (with Merit and prize for Best Student at the Large Animal Practice)
- Experienced farm vet with 16 years of experience, predominantly with pigs
- Involved in all aspects of clinical pig work on indoor and outdoor units, including on farm investigations of disease outbreaks, post mortems, laboratory testing etc.
- Involved in frequent health monitoring work for a large breeding company, including testing at their isolation facilities
- Speaker at a number of pig training events including Stockman South in Oxfordshire, Hampshire and Dorset.
- Very experienced BPHS assessor since 2005. Has attended all training and standardisation since then.
- 16 years of abattoir experience carrying out work on behalf of clients / breeding companies.
Max Wood BVetMed Sci(Hons) BVM BVS MRCVS
- Graduated from the University of Nottingham, School of Veterinary Medicine and Science in 2012.
- Interested in all aspects of large animal medicine but especially pig medicine and production.
- Member of the Pig Veterinary Society.
Pig Vet Consultants
John Mackinnon BVetMed CertPM FRCVS
Adrian Cox BVetMed MRCVS