Larkmead Vets is committed to working with you to improve your profitability through animal health and welfare. To achieve this, our team of experienced cattle vets will provide you with tailor-made, up-to-date, affordable health services to suit your business needs. We offer routine health monitoring and can assist you in drawing up a herd health plan to ensure health is maintained and maximum productivity achieved.
As part of the health planning service we can visit you herd and discuss all health matters, including infectious disease control and vaccination, parasite control, nutrition and biosecurity. We will also focus on production efficiency parameters (e.g. kg of calf weaned/cow/year and daily liveweight gain) to assist in achieving maximal profitability.
As well as fulfilling requirements for farm assurance schemes and organic status, the health plan can be used as a dynamic tool for daily herd management.
In addition to our herd health planning service, we can offer the following:
- Team of experienced farm animal vets, able to respond to your call 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
- Ultrasound pregnancy scanning
- Bull semen evaluation and breeding soundness examination
- Youngstock management visits
- Holistic respiratory disease management including building and ventilation evaluation
- In-house laboratory
- Beef discussion group, covering current topics on farm
- Farmer training
- Subsidised health monitoring which can be performed at your annual TB test
- Artificial Insemination Services
- Monthly newsletters
We also have a Suckler Health Club which provides key member services. Find out more here.
If you have any questions regarding our services, please do not hesitate to call the Farm Office on 01491 651479.